This FAQ deals with one of our most common questions.
“I’ve just bought a Dahua IP kit from you – what do I do?”
What you need:
- the Dahua camera/s
- The Dahua NVR
- Precrimped Cat5e/CAT6 Cables or an installer who supplies the CAT6 cables (with RJ45 ends). (1 per camera and 1 from the NVR to the modem). Note – max length of these cables must be 95 metres or below.
- A monitor or TV (with VGA or HDMI connections) (you can buy a 22′ 1080p monitor from officeworks for around 100.)
- Run the CAT6 cables to the locations you require (1 per camera). The cables should come back to the location where your NVR is located.
- Connect & install the cameras to one end of the cable and connect the other end to the NVR. Please seal connections near the cam with electrical tape to protect against water ingress
- Plug in the monitor via a VGA or HDMI cable to the NVR
- Connect an ethernet cable from the NVR to the modem (if you wish to do remote viewing).
- Turn on the NVR / Monitor – you should see a setup screen.
- Ensure you write down the username / password you choose. Its a pain in the bum to reset.
- After setup, you should see your cameras on the screen!
- To set up remote viewing, (this is a useful video. The video used GDMSS, but you should use DMSS
Basically you will need to download an app called “DMSS” from the app store (iphone or android)
ON YOUR NVR (CAMERA BOX/RECORDER)
You will need to login and access the settings page(for example admin / admin1234)
In the settings page find NETWORK and search for P2P
It should have the QR code with SN/serial number
ON YOUR PHONE
Open the DMSS app
Click on the + icon Choose SCAN
Scan the QR code (SN) on the screenChoose NVR Enter the username and password details
Device name can be anything that you can remember (just nickname for your NVR)
Save these settings and you should now see the CCTV on your phone
Our other FAQ articles are good for troubleshooting https://www.securitywholesalers.com.au/faq-items/ or you can try Googling / Youtubing the problem.
If you still can’t resolve your issue, please email us – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be as detailed as possible regarding the issue.