There are a few reasons why you may want to reset a Dahua NVR.
- Forgot password
- Chose the wrong monitor settings (ie. you chose a resolution and now you can’t see anything)
- You just want to start again after stuffing something up.
The procedure is below:
- Power off the NVR
- Press and hold the reset button (in red) above
- Power on the NVR
- Keep the reset button pressed for 30 seconds
- You’ll see the initialisation screen and be asked to set up again. Create a new password. Please choose the same password as what the NVR was previously if you’ve already got cameras activated on it, otherwise the cams may not work (due to different passwords)